Tuesday 24 February 2009

quote of the day

The quote of the day was I am not a but a citizen of the world. I was just thinking should that be our quote for Northern Ireland

" I am not British or Irish I am a citizen of the world"...................................would that stop all the naval gazing ?? I think sometimes we forget that we are all citizens of the world here in dear old Ireland. But anyway what interesting things are coming up?

Cirque du Soliel are coming to Belfast and they have given Belfast community circus 100 tickets as a fund raiser for them . I first saw Cirque du Soleil in New York when I was there as a Fulbright to someone brought up with Duffys circus it was something of an eye opener. It took you into another world more like fantasy dance than circus. You never quite understood how they did it all and if what you were watching was real or not. A truely magical experience I dont think the whole troop are over but if you dont like circus then this is the thing to go to anyway to prove you wrong.

Tickets are £55 but it all the money goes to the circus school www.belfastcircus.org or phone 02890236007.

Sat 7th March 2009 at the Odyssey arena.

The other thing that is happening is the Ulster Hall is reopening, www.ulsterhall.co.uk I'm sure they have all those dreadful cold toilets sorted out and will all the unionist rally held there be a thing of the past??

What really jumped out at me in the programme is Courtney Pine Jazz warriors afropeans are coming 31 March tickerts £19.50 or £15 I have seen him in concert twice and he is the most amazing jazz musician I have ever heard.


The other one to jump out at me is Stiff little fingers Mon 16th March where would we be without a bit if punk???????????????????????????????????????????? It was what used to keep us all sane all that pogoing. ..........................................

then baby rave 0-4 years Sunday 15 March ................start them young and keep them going.

At Peter Hutchinsons opening tonight I was talking to someone who had been at the launch of the Belfast Film festival then the opening she was saying that wow we are starting to get a real city happening here is'nt it great because thats what it feels like great to be alive........................after all what is important....................

No comments: