Wednesday 18 February 2009

10 reasons for Barcelona

ok now I did have 10 reasons to live in Belfast rather than London but reasons not to live in BarcelOna?? now thats a tricky one.

I was trying to think why and I suppose it got me pondering. I suppose it's because I think Barcelona is what Belfast could become, I truely cosmpolitian city with a vibrancy all of it's own an energy that goes beyond watching TV in your house of an evening a CONTEMPORARY lifestyle city. There is that word again, but if you just stuck that word in front of so many different policys or decisions it would make life more interesting. Ok I am going to have a rant here just a warning. You know that Go Belfast book !!! with all the listings in it. I know is that the visitor centre that publishes it??? if it was in a more contempory format it would already feel like a different city.

The people really are smileing here in there hearts and in their minds so I'm going to change around the format.
10 reasOns why people in Belfast should visit Barcelona.

1. to see what contempory vibrant city life is
2. to see what real cafe culture looks like
3. to see how art can transform a city
4.to gaze at REAL public art (more on that another time)
5. to understand the power of being in the Euro zone
6. to stroll along Las Ramblas and people watch
7. to eat ice cream at 2 oclock in the morning
8.to sample real Tapas ( not the fake stuff)
9. to watch how wonderful the Spainsh are with their children
10. to see whaT BEING THE CITY OF CULTURE DID FOR IT.

if that didnt do it then this might our flight was £35 return from Belfast, I mean come on you can hardly get a bag of chips for that for a family of four ;-)

No comments: