Monday 16 February 2009

Barcelona is still here

Funny how when you are living in Belfast sometimes you forget that the rest of the world exists. First thoughts on Barcelona..........well it's still here. Still working and eating and drinking away a year later. It's a bit cooler than last year in fact is that another note of the climate change. It used to be you came over here at this time of the year and you got a taste of spring but maybe thats gone now. Still it's nice to be away but still have a cough.

It's funny how quickly you forget things. For all of those people who are still trying to kill themselves by smoking....you can still smoke inside in Barcelona.There is none of that huddling around the outside alleyways for a smoke going on. You can do it inside. Last night we went for Tapas, proper tapas, not stuff dragged out of the freezer , deep fried and thrown on your plate. But individully crafted interesting things on bit of bread with cocktail sticks in them. So beautiful you want to draw them, but just eat them instead. Yum, yum. I just stayed away from the seafood as last year I got a bad dose of food poisioning on my return to NI.

There is a good contingent from NI over to attend the global world congress, lots of mobile monday members http://www.mobilemondaybelfast.org/ and NI companys that are involved in business in the mobile space. They sort of decend from all over the world once a year to network do business and find out what's going on....................what is going to be the next big thing. Or even a little thing. Tim a friend attended the first one there were 600 people at it and a few table top with information on it, he said everyone was going around saying this mobile phone stuff it's just a fad it will never last, now there are 25,000 exhibitors alone never mind the amount of people attending.

Oh i see the sun is trying to get out although it's still cold. .................I shall see what i will do today. Cough,cough, splutter, splutter. It takes me time to arrive somewhere and reconnect with the reality around me...............some people say I never do.

Might try the Picasso museum later not sure yet usually just like to wonder around on my first day but have a cold so not sure.

When I was telling someone about my experience of all the places we went to when I was at Art college they were amazed. They said at Belfast Art college you didnt get to go any where now I'm not sure if that is still the case but if it is . It's appauling how are we supposed to get the next generation of creative people to understand what is going on in the world if they never get to see anything except for Belfast ?????? Ok you know I love Belfast but come on you need a kind of artistic literacy that does nt always come from books................................. oh god I said it I Love Belfast that has been a long time coming but more on that another time.The sun is really out now ;-)

No comments: