Sunday 22 February 2009

The suns out again and I was thinking about the nature of travel, why it's so important. I know that from an early age I was aware that there was another world out there. Outside of my own enviornment and that I had a need to travel and always looked for opportunities to do so. It's only by doing that it's only by expereinccing yourself in a different context that you start to question your own existance. Stat to look at the world around you and question why it is set up the way it is. Why do we have loads of female road sweepers in Barcelona and few in Belfast?

Why do people in Barcelona eat at 11 o'clock at night and always eat when they drink? Why do they clean the streets with water? Why do they have such creativity everywhere? What has allowed it to happen? It was bubbling away under the surface when I first came here but it was not so visible. Now it's everywhere and I suppose what I'm thinking is I know there are people in Northern Ireland with this creativity this love of life this global view how can we facilitate them out into the open? By having CONTEMPORARY in every policy about development ......................................................................................................................and let the creativity soar.

I suppose the art market proposed for Hill street in the Catherdral quater is a start...............................................but how can we encourage it on??

No comments: