Wednesday 25 February 2009

What are you doing this Saturday?

Well now I know that it's a few days away but this Saturday Artz Yard Portaferry are having their spring opening exhibition 2-5.

unit 10b brewery Yard
80-82 Church Street
Tel 0284272939

I know I'm aways trying to get you down there or over there or is you live down there up to the Artz Yard but come on now Spring is in the Air, I have 2 snowdrops in the garden the worst of the weather is over ??? (hope hope) and a wee trip down the Ards peninsula will do your heart good.

If you missed the Clotworthy exhibition I have some paintings from there and other new ones.

I have a pdf that if you print it out you will get 10% off lunch or high tea at the Portaferry Hotel I'm not sure how to attach it to the blogg ? anyone know?

Artists featured

me -Bronagh lawson
Sandra Maze
John McSorley
Ivan Frew
Anne Anderson
Alison Shaw
Sara Brown
Cecilla Stephens
Andrew Coombes
Patricia Logue
Deborah Campbell Coombes

If you don't have transport - get a bus http://www.translink.co.uk/ but be warned people have been know to go down and never return ;-) only because they like it so much. If you want to stay try Barholm (hostel) opposite the Ferry Quay or Portaferry Hotel, not far from it both bargains. If you google them it will come up with details. If you stay in the evening try Fiddlers for music or Dumigans for an experience you might never forget.................but in a good way. Cant say anything more than that or it would spoil the surprise. I know I keep talking about toilet's but they are reported to be the cleanest pub toilet's in Portaferry. Maybe because they are outside??? Mind you head, say no more.

If you come down the Strangford way and catch the Ferry across, I'd recommend eating in the Spinnaker for good wholesome food and friendly service. The Hole in the wall for some light liquid refreshment .You don't need directions as there is only one street in Strangford and it's just into the village on your left before you get to the square. It was built just where the old police station used to be , but maybe you don't need that either.Funny what memories we all have and what is stuck in your head from earlier days. Have spent my youth in both Portaferry and Strangford I have plenty of those.........................ho hum. But that is for another time.

So think about getting out of the city this weekend and getting somefresh air, or if your already down there why not make the effort to go up the street and see what all the fuss is about. I've got a selection of different paintings and prints. ..................creativity is GOOD.

Lastly I've heard Liam De Finse is curating an exhibition at the Opera house while Evita is on Love, Passion ,Revolution .............................with the Kult Pulp who ever they are ;-) all good words and something to look out for in April.

No comments: