Saturday 14 February 2009

Last weekend in Strangford

I just wanted to say another note about last weekend, sometimes it takes time for the thought to come to the front of your mind. I'd like to say a really big thank you to Olive and all of the write down team that brought such a festival together. I'd also like to say something about Maria McManus who lives in Strangford.

I have a wonderful book of poetry that Maria wrote called Reading the dog at this time of year there is a particular poem called . That really resonates .called seeing red.That desire to see a certain colour.

I know Maria and her husband Kevin have been very key in bringing the festival to Strangford and it is such acts of though and creative thinking along with putting the energy into it that makes such things happen. Many people think of doing such things but never take that though any further so well done..................really well done.

The one thing I would say is could you encourage a few more locals to attend?? I know of people writing in ther houses in Strangfrod and Portaferry who do not have the confidence to attend such a festival and it would be lovely for them to be brought out of their living rooms. ......................and into the supportive embrance of the writing circle.

No comments: