Thursday 23 October 2008

It's a bit windy today

The gales are apon us, the unsettled season is here. Time to sit in front of the fire and have a wiskey. If you can afford the fire never mind the wiskey

It's a time to get a cold a cough and splutter. Someone told me it was important to do this as all the toxins in your body have to get out somehow. About 5 years ago I switched to eating only organic veg and fruit . If meat is eaten Its organic and very few additives. I do have the odd splurge every now and then say at Christmas but generally I've kept to it. The immediate result I found was that I have less colds. I used to get one every winter and every Spring for about a week lying in bed . Now it catches me the odd time and only for a few days and I'm never bed ridden.

I remember reading about corpses, that an undertaker noticed that over the last 10-15 years the corpses are lasting longer because of all the additives in the food that people eat. So I'm aiming to be an organic corpse;-) But not for quite some time yet.

As for the selection of veg Helens bay Organic deliver a bag every week. You never know what you are getting but it's seasonal so you eat seasonally. Sometimes you just dread when its turnip time again but its amazing what you can do with a turnip.Honest, it makes you get the cook books out. It also makes you concious of all the tasteless fruit on sale flown in from wherever . How's that improving your carbon foot print???whats it all going to the earth? how will NI suffer because of it?

No comments: