Sunday 26 October 2008

quote of the day

You will have wonderful surges forward. Then there must be a time of consolidating before the next forward surge.

Accept this as part of the process and never become downhearted.



Eileen Caddy



I thought that it was about time we had some quotes for women. I get my quotes from a book called begin it now, a guide for the advanced soul by Susan Hayward. Soul, now there is a word I'm not going to discuss it now but there are things I found that I need to do that make me feel good inside. I often do a wee check in wth myself and score myself out of 10. The check in is how do you feel in Mind? in Body and in Spirit? then depending on my score I would work on the lowest number first, just to try and get some sort of balance. That way you can stop actions that are making you unbalanced before they get out of hand.



So mind I'm feeling about 6 today, I'm tired and a bit erratic, Body feels 8- just need more sleep. Spirit feels around 8 as well. I did a bit of gardening and that always helps reconnect back to yourself.



Have you ever read the book Care of the Soul by Thomas Moore? he was a Catholic monk for twelve years and later became a psychotherapist, with degrees in theology, musicology and religion. He now lectures extensively throughout the world. There is a great bit in his book about something that he calls modernist syndrome which urges people to buy the latest electronic gear and to plugged in to news, entertainment, and up to the minute weather reports. But still feel disconnected to ourselves. A sickness called soul malady, just not looking after what is going on inside. So what helps? quiet, reflection,starting a diary and keep writing in it every day. Tracking you inner life

1 comment:

Editor said...

IF you're interested in Thomas Moore's writings, you may want to visit a blog dedicate to him, called Barque: Thomas Moore at http://barque.blogspot.com . It links to a free forum for people who want to discuss his observations. Moore recently posted his views about the U.S. presidential election on the forum. Please register if you'd like to participate in the discussions.