Monday 24 November 2008

Monday morning

So are you ready for the week? Clear head, clear heart, clear mind? It's a busy life we all lead. I'd like to welcome my new readers in South Africa..........Hello;-) it was nice to hear from you after all this time.

Any chance someone will make a comment ? I'd just like to talk a but about gossip, what is it where does it come from?? Well someone told me that in an environment of fear gossip is king. We used to play a game called Chinese whispers, not very PC but interesting to think that's what it was called. In a group of 10 people or so would start a game one would say something and it would quickly go around the room and by the time it came around the other side of the room the gossip was totally different.


I see this happening in real life all the time. Someone says something it goes around the network by the time it comes out the other side it's totally changed. This can be very damaging especially when the first thing was untrue, it gets even worse in a climate of fear. You have to ask why?

Anyway its all about perception, did you get any nature at the weekend? I nice walk in the forest did me the world of good. I remember working in North Belfast and talking to someone who had grown up in the new lodge. We were talking about environment. I was saying that as a child coming into Belfast was a terrifying experience I remember coming in and wondering what there was no green and why were all the houses so close together. I got paniced when surrounded with so many people with so many eyes watching. The energy was so negative.

I loved Autumn in the countyside with the colour the leaves the smells the change of light. My friend from the new lodge said there were no trees there and her memory of Autumn was once having the opportunity to go up to Newcastle to the forest during Autumn and having the opportunity the only opportunity in her life to run among the trees and play in the leaves and fill herself with fresh air. Then we wonder why being brought up in the city and country is so different? We wonder why being brought up in different places in Northern Ireland is so different? You know what the same structures are still there, still in place there are still so many people growing up in seperate spaces, some positive, some negative all in the same way.


So in order to get through the week I made a big roast yesterday and roasted my first turnip of the season. As it's going to be a busy week I roasted all the vegtables that came with my organic food and I'll make the rest into a nice harty soup. Just bung it in the slow cooker with a bit of stock and there you go...............instance food for a week. Some people have said to me but I can't cook. Have we in our rush for equality forgotten just how faboulous it is to make a really good meal and feed everyone up ? Does instant Pizza really do the same thing? Eating is not just about feeding your face its about spending time reflecting, talking, the French have not forgotten about that have we?

No comments: