Sunday 16 November 2008

Prep for the week

So it's Sunday night what are you up to? When I was very unorganised weeks would drift into weeks and years into years. I could hardly tell you what I was doing next week or next month .

Yet slowly over the years I have become more organised and a Sunday night usually but not always means planning the week ahead. When I was doing more personal development training I used to do a session on planning and had come to the conclusion that there were 3 types of people.

Those who :

People who make things happen
People to who things happen

and people who don't know what is happening.

and tried to get people to work out which one were they ?

A lot of it was about changing peoples attitudes to how they can participate in their own life. If they can participate at all.

I'd also like to make a note here about a number of things someone recently asked me:

  • Why I do not write about my husband in my blog the answer is he does exist it's just he has asked me not to write about him and so I respect his privacy.
  • Why is it that people like to gain power by laughing at others? does it make them feel superior? or is it something lacking in themselves that does it?perhaps for instance they think they know something more than they do?
  • I've had some artist criticise my website....................the answer here is the website is not for other artist's.

Not sure what else to add? just some dates for your diary if you want to see what BPW can do and want to have a look at some printing demonstrations it's the opening of BPW corporate event this Thursday 7.30 where a number of artist have been working on interpreting Brett Martin in Art.

There will be printing demonstrations so you can have a look at how it's done if you want to make an evening of it you can go down to the Spanard afterwards where Terry Hooley is having his Hooley and to anyone over 30 you actually recognise the music which is a bit of a novelty it's even better if your over 40.

He plays every Thursday evening.

Someone also asked me when do I actually do any work? trust me I work. Thinking is work too.

While your at the diary dates put in 27th November for the Belfast print workshop Christmas show again from 7-9 and come and see your "objects of desire" prints from over 70 printmakers.

Exhibition continues until Christmas Eve:

Christmas opening

Mon- Fri 9.30-7.30

Sat 10-6

Sun 1-5

Can you believe it's Christmas again ? what were you doing this time last year? has much changed in your life? or is it still the same old ,same old?

If so what are you planning now to encourage change in your life? or do you expect someone else to do that for you?

Oh I just remembered something else I felt in the air, it's easy to abdicate responsibility of our own lives over to others however once your past a certain age you are an adult you are responsible for your own actions you can't blame others...........

Do you see any change in Northern Ireland ?? I do and long may it peacefully continue. Long may it peacefully continue...................................................................................I had another friend last night phone to say they were moving home to dear old NI. ..........as the house prices have gone down a lot and your abroad it's a good time to have a look. http://www.propertynews.com/ if you can afford to move.

Thanks again to everyone who turned up at the openings of the exhibition at Clotworthy and good to see everyone on Saturday. I'll put photos up soon as they need cropped.

Bye for now.

No comments: