Tuesday 11 November 2008

Information and Wisdom

Is there a difference between Information and Wisdom?

In this information age we have so much information but does that on it's own bring you wisdom? is there a difference ? do you know any wise people?? can you count they on one hand? two? three if your lucky.

It seems to me that wisdom is underrated in our society, information has taken over as a distraction . A real distraction lets entertain put C*** on TV to distract you get you to buy more things advertise, advertise buy, buy, buy.

If I could every single thing that I spend my money on I would use it as a way to link to my principles. I try my best to do it but sometimes I just have to make a different purchasing decision because I run out of time or other needs take over....I usually live to regret it.

But I try where I can and can you imagine if everyone did it. I mean everyone thought about their purchasing decisions in the same way would we have a more sustainable NI? Do you remember P.O.N.I (or as we like to call Donkey) Product of Northern Ireland something that would identify the product as from NI so if you bought it you would help the economy.

Or did it just identify things that you could avoid just in case it fell apart.

Anyway a word to those who chastise me because not EVERYTHING I eat is Organic if you get the basics right most of the time you can go off piste every now and then but if your always eating C*** it shows, it shows you can see it in your skin your eyes your health. When you go off piste you get spots immediately wierd. You are what you eat.

So one more plug for Helens Bay organics. Fairtrade co-or tea etc etc etc.

Now is that information or Wisdom, do you see the difference??

No comments: