Monday 28 September 2009

the catherdral quater comes of age

On Friday night I can officially say that the Cathedral quarter came of age. I have never seen so many people out and about enjoying what Belfast has to offer.There was a carnival atomistic and many people had to pinch themselves to see if they were really in Belfast. Out and about I met so many people that I knew that it was hard to get around everything but it felt more like being at their Edinburgh festival or other things I have participated in on an international scale. I watched people participating in making their own exercise video with catalyst arts. Participated in watching a video of a man who made a piece of art the day after his wife left him in Ps2. What is it about wearing whiter underpants and wings and running over sand dunes that does it for men???? answers on a postcard. The print workshop had over 300 people through their doors, children were looking people were laughing and dancing and the evening went on into the early hours.
Congratulations to the organisers and I think we can say that the Cathedral quarter is finally coming of age. I mean Terry Hooley even had to do two walking tours, hows that for popularity.

No comments: