Sunday 6 September 2009

Belfast Print workshop editions OBG 7pm

So the biggey this week is the OBG opening

belfastprintworkshop is having an exhibition based on the artists in residence it has had over the last five years, it's an interesting bunch of artists who have come to the workshop and worked on editioning a series of Prints. Including David Mach Neil Shawcross, Claire Morgan it will be nice to see it in that enviornment.

I'm madly putting together the On the Edge exhibition but thought I'd say a few words about my blog. Someone told me that one gallery that I mention sends out a little cheer every time they get a mention on it. While another organisation I know takes the micky out of it. I suppose that tells you a little bit about each organisation I've always found that people with low self esteem like to be cruel about and take the micky out of things. It's a pity there are so many people in Northern Ireland like that but hay it pays to be positive................honestly it does.

There were not as many people at Late night art last week I think what with it being the beginning of the school season some people's minds were on other things.But there was still plently going on loved the performance at the Golden thread, the selection of members work at Queens Street studios and the big draw exhibition at Victoria square. I brought someone who had not been around the galleries that had not been before and they were amazed at what was going on it Belfast.........it's great to see it evolving. Have you heard about culture night?? you will, oh you will.

No comments: