Wednesday 10 June 2009

update on art collage

So the exhibition on Monday made around £1000 for the charity so that was good form. There was a real buzz around the art college, but only one sour taste was left. I was going over to hand out the BPW award to a champagne and Guinness reception- I asked politely for something non alcholic. The two heavily made up women told me to go to the shop and buy something. When queried this and said did you not have anything non alcholic for the non alcholics. They started at me blankly, where a women from the university said I really think you should take this up with the university and I was being harsh. Well I have to say it really pissed me off. When are people in Northern Ireland going to realise that not everyone one is out to get as drunk as possible at every opportunity and non catering for people who are driving etc is actually not goot customer service.

So next year it would be nice to get something non alcholic. Apart from that all the students looked deadfully nervious. One young guy I was talking to had so much adrenalin rushing through him at 5 oclcok |I suggested that maybe he sould try a bit of meditation or he would'ne get through the night.
So i didnt get a good look around but a few things caught my eye. I'm just glad that it's not me graduating now. It's just so difficult and strange for the first few years after leaving collage that I would not wish that on anyone in this economic cliamte.

Anyway if you have'nt had a look its on until 20 June with lots of talk and things going on at the same time.

I didnt get to say anything the other week about late night art- I have to say I now think that Queen street studios has the best welcome after dragging yourself up the stairs I was welcomed with the invitation of some chilled wine. They have a drinks trolley in the centre of the gallery and the welcome is most hospitible. Good to see people are starting to get out and about and see things .

No comments: