Wednesday 15 April 2009

The beauty of Strangford Lough




I know I'm biased but Strangford lough really is beautiful on a sunny day there is nothing like it and that's just what it was like over the Easter holidays blue sky green fields a light breeze and all was well with the world.




Having spent many hours of my youth in Strangford when it came to bank holidays the one thing that really confused me was why do people drive down there and sit in their cars for around an hour to wait and go on the ferry? Why do they not at least get out and explore all the interesting things that are in and around the village ? you can see they do it every back holiday, why not park the car and get on with it? Anyway we felt as if we had a mini break as there are lots of interesting things to do and see, food to eat and people to catch up with but when the weather is like that it's the colours that really blow me away the blues and greens when you paint them everyone thinks your lying about the colour but it really is real. There is something about that place when the weather is good that relaxes you in ways that I have never experienced in any other country.




We also went to Downpatrick Catherdral which is glistening with its new paint job visited St Patricks grave and went on the steam train down to Inch abbey. Having been to school in Downpatrick it's not somehwere I ever think of spending a day trip in but it really was great with the weather being so good. I notice the Opera Fringe are having an event at Inch abbey, and there is other stuff on at the Catherdral and in and around the town during Castleward ard opera season so I will remember to put up the details.




Anyway how do I feel after so much fresh air? Clear headed, clear eyed and gosh I even think I even got a bit of a tan. How did that happen in Northern Ireland? .................................................... who needs easy jet?










No comments: