Thursday 16 April 2009

what to write on a blogg

I have been told recently that there are things on my blog that I really should not write about, things I should not say and as a result \I have missed out on opportunities because "the powers that be" whoever they are think I'm too much of a risk. Cant have people saying what they think. It's really quite sad I think, that in this day and age when so much needs to change and shift people think it should be all dusted under the carpet. Oh we cant talk about that too risky, too risky. But on the other hand I have had alot of people say to me , "good on you" I think the same, glad to see someone is writing about it and you know what they are the people I am writing this blog for because thinking is important , very important observing is important and showing all the positive things that are going on in Northern Ireland are important as well. Why, well if you believed the media you would think we were a hot bed of bigots with little else to do other than hate each other.

But you know what it's not the case and to remind us of that I write the blog, I think, I encourage other people to think and pass on information that I believe to be interesting, information that could be useful to people in their own thinking process or doing process or being process. I mean why just hold on to it? that would be too much of a way of controlling the information flow and there has been too many of that going on in Northern Ireland already.

Anyway I digress, i got contacted by my great uncle in new Zealand about a memorial service in the South of England to pilots who died in the second world war, my grandfather included. I am trying to find out more about it but its quite close so I'm not sure if I might be able to get over . I think it might be a little be of closure, maybe I should video the experience. I did when I went to Enidhoven to visit his grave the weird thing is I never watched it again all too personal and scary. But it reminds me of the nature of memorial..............................and all that Jazz.

Anyway the sun is out the mist is clearing, the ferry is on in Strangford and in Belfast spring is in the air and the world keeps turning so it cant be bad........................

No comments: