Tuesday 11 January 2011

What's in a blog?

So left right and centre the governments budgets are going to be cut the departmets budgets are going to be cut and DCAL budgets are going to be cut which means that the Arts council budget is going to be cut, which means that all the Visual arts gallerys budgets are going to be cut which means that all the arts organsiations are going to feel the effect.

How do you see this panning out? Well some are retreating,some have their heads in the sand, some are ignoring it and some are trying to raise their revenue but I have to say I think alot are just hoping that somehow it's all going to be alright and I really don't think it is.;-) I think we are in for a number of surprises. I think some organisations are going to close. People are certainly going to loose their jobs. But as a result they will do other things. Bring their creativity into other areas of Northern Ireland. Because there are alot of good talented people working in Art in Belfast there is alot of knowledge and a fab fan base. So I think by the end of the year it will be all change. Change is good for Northern Ireland we need some dont you think?

No comments: