Tuesday 11 January 2011

what will the new year bring?

As everyone winds their clock and tries to get back into the swing of the new year. Life moves on for almost three years I have been writting this blogg. Observing the infomation I get via e mail of different things and generally trying to improve the information flow around and about in Belfast because there are really interesting things going on out there and sometimes people in this wee city of ours forget that. One thing new I've noticed is that the Black box is now doing free Jazz and music on Saturday nights in the cafe. I have to say I 've been before Christmas a number of times and the Jazz was much much better than in the Merchant Jazz bar. It just goes to show that money and decor is'nt everything. The out to Lunch festival is on at the moment I went to a comedian on Saturday, she was a bit hung over. You could tell, but I brought someone who had never been to comedy before and they really enjoyed the expereince. WE could have stayed longer had a drink and another comedian. But maybe next year.

I did hear that there is another place in Botanic now setting out their seats caberet style and having nightly shows. I have no idea what exactly it is like but it goes to show how an ideas shift around once someone has proved the concept. People want something different for their money.

So what of this year? I have to say I'm bored with alot of the information I am getting and the way I am getting it, so I'm looking at something a wee bit different to bring it all together. What exactly it is I'm not saying yet. I need to get my tax retrun out of the way before I can get my head stuck into it.

Art opening this week- Naughton gallery tonight 6pm, Platform Arts, Catalyst and BPW Thursday 7-9. Catalyst has a performance all day this Saturday. Long Live Art................................Hope they all survive the cuts that are a coming.;-( if they don't Belfast will be all the more depleted because of it.

No comments: