Thursday 29 January 2009

hello

So to all those self employed people out there have you filed your tax return??? I think there must be a few accountants quaking a bit as its now so easy to do it online why would you need one? Well they can be good for somethings. But seriously the online filing is brilliant and so easy to use. I suppose the exchequer needs to make it as easy as possible as it needs all the tax it can get.

Anyway can anyone else hear things creeking??? the structures of before shifting away?? I'm off to Hillsboriugh castle tonight. It's the Arts and business awards. I dont think I actually said that I am now Chair of BPW? Well BPW has won an award with Jill O Neil and we are off to Hillsborugh castle to collect it tonight. Another BPW member Fran has actually made the awards they are framed copper pieces and beautiful. Lovely and shiney with a beautiful etched door on them she has been working on them since before Christmas, fretting over every stage but they turned out fantastic.. A door into another time. Lewis Caroll eat your heart out.

I have been up a couple of times before to Hillsborough castle. The first time was when Mo Molam was in office I was invited along with other participants who had going through the wider horizons programme with the International fund for Ireland. It was the prime minister of Canada who was there Creterian( cant spell it) he was wanting to see why Canada should still give funds to the IFI when "peace " was already here. Well we gave him plently of reasons. I have a photo somewhere of my good friend Peter W and I giving Mo Molam a hug. Or at least she was giving us a hug. It was a very celebratory day.

The second time was about 4 years ago when they had their annual garden party, that was a laugh watching everyone in their heals sinking into the ground in the rain. Anyway tonight its for dinner so we shall see how it goes........................................

So go on be the change you want to see in the world and if you have not already done it look inot the arts council website for the creativity fund. info. deadline next week.

No comments: