Sunday 4 January 2009

happy new year

Well now that's that over and done with we can get into the spirit of the new year. When I finally stopped running around I went to the Chiropractor and he did something to my neck , said my head was overactive and the next think you know I get a kind of flu. Just my body asking me to slow down which I did. Not able to do too much over Christmas except reconnect with relatives and friends -which is part of the reason for it anyway don't you think?

Time spent in Strangford and Portaferry was joyful as usual. The thing about being away from it is every time you go back you see a new just how beautiful it is. Something that when you are there all the time I'm not sure you appreciate. I noticed lots of people from the South in the Hotel in Portaferry , a sign that the Euro might just save us up in the North. Nice food too.

Beautiful sea scapes with lots of grey and pink colours. It's the time of year. Time to take your breath away. Have you ever spent some time down there?? I could write you a what to do over a weekend, a week or a lifetime. But not yet as I'm trying to get my head back into work again.

One date for your diary is the weekend of the 7th Feb when the wild Geese festival is on the Strangford. It's in it's 3rd year and each year I have gone to something and really enjoyed it. It's for writers and lovers of writing and an excuse to spend some time in a beautiful place.

I will keep you posted. Dr sketchy was great fun...........more on that later.

No comments: