Friday 22 August 2008

First Solo exhibition

So my news today is that I have secured my first Solo exhibition. Which is great for me. I have been building up a body of work and it will be nice to see them in one coherant space. Well actually it's a couple of spaces really.

The location is Clotworthy Arts Centre, Antrim it is in beautiful grounds on the edge of Antrim on the way to Randalstown.

Date: November, December 2008

Yes that's quite soon in fact it's only a couple of months away but I do have enough to put in it. I just need to get it all framed. Exciting and stressful.It's funny often when I first make paintings or prints I don't want to part with them , it's as if they are too fresh . It takes a while before I'm happy to let them go off into the world. Now is that time.

So what other interesting exhibtions are there coming up?

Michael Hart has one on in La Boca, Fountain street Belfast unitl the 13 September. I think it's a great coherant show and the more you look at it the more you see in it.

The Royal Ulster Academy are having their annual show that opens on 19th September at the Titanic drawings offices.

Belfast print workshops have a Print in 3D exhibition coming up with the opening on the FIRST THURSDAY 4th Sept .For a list of other galleries open that night http://www.belfastgalleries.com/

So as you can see the creativity in Belfast just keeps on happening. I put in a submission for the 3D show it got me crocheting again,(see photo top left of blog) it was quite nice to remember that I could do it.

No comments: