Tuesday 2 February 2010

January is over!!!!!!!!

How did that happen? January is over Feb is apon us and life goes on. I have been asked by someone recently why I didnt add some wee notes to my blogg like I used to ? I suppose life has been busy. I have missed pouring my heart out online. I'm so please that January is over again as its just such a nasty month over all. You can almost smell the night getting lighter. So what of life?

Well I visited the Andre Stitt exhibition on in the golden thread last week and I had an interesting art expereince. There were two pieces in paarticular that struck me. One was a video piece of the Europa being blown up and general mayhem in belfast. Funny how quickly that goes from our memories!!!! While watching it I got a text from an ex prisioner and for one moment my heart just crumbled. Was he involved? had he ever been involved? whats going on!!
The other one was the blood splattered typed last message of someone who had been involved in terrorism and had killed himself after leaving prision for 15 years, he said dont let the next generation get involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It felt particularly strong as I am artist in residence at City East and there are lots of memorials around of things that have previously happened and I hope that there is a generation that is not going down the same road as their ansestords around. Certainily there is alot of heart on the road. Heart and Hope and thats where real change really starts. So anyway thats my wee art moment last week.

I also love Lisa Malones exhibition in GT, Lisa has a great spirit and professionalism towards her art and she kinda goes inot a very human questioning with her series of prints. Are you sitting? flying through the air? waiting, watching, going to slide through life where are you now??????? its all a roller coaster you know.

So now that Jan is over the tax return is out of the way, remember its good to be alive and go out to late night art this Thursday and support all the wonderfukl talent that there is in NI.www.belfastgalleries.com

at the weekend why not head to Strangford where there is the wild geese writing festival on...................an interesting exhibition in Strawberry fair including the work of Jill Evans, her beautiful screenprints are a delight to behold and always make me smilewith a sure kind heart. Remember its good to be alive. XXXX

No comments: