Monday 10 August 2009

Vibrant Belfast

I was talking to someone yesterday who was saying that it was hard to keep up with everything as there was so much going on and they were told off because after all isn't that what we have been complaining about all these years???? not enough positive interesting thinks going on. Well "vibrant" was how Belfast was being described. A Vibrant art community, lots of things going on and a great energy in the air.

So what have I been too in the last week or do ??? cant keep up with myself. Gerry Gleeson is on in the Queen street studios exhibition space I went for the opening and got distracted but it is my intention to go back again and have a quieter look...............I love Diane McCormick massive bugs in the craft ni space in Cotton court, very far removed from the sort of ceramic works that she previously made but you can still see the luster of the beautiful glazes she has always worked with. I love the fact that people have been standing on my piece in Victoria square I like the footprints on it, just don't jump up and down on the "routen wheels".
I've not been around the ISEA exhibitions yet as I was finishing off some of my own work for a change but they look interesting enough to have a look at, just people are confused by the list of things going on.

On a cultural observation note I noticed on the radio they are talking about Sinn Fein leadership being in question, an interesting development Gerry Adams being ousted ??? there would have been no mention of that a few years ago!! so things are moving on in peoples minds. Also the top civil servants are not getting their 1.5 million pounds bonus this year, tut tut !!!!! I'm sure they will miss it after all those years of governing us think of all the bonuses they must have received during that time!!!.........................ho hum have a good week.

No comments: