Monday 20 December 2010

New art in the new year

I was thinking about all the effort that has gone into all the exhibitions in Belfast this year. THE GOOD ONES THE BAD the ones to miss the ones you wished you did miss. Cant say there were many of those. But most of all I was thinking about all the artists that work away on our own little private obcessions no matter what is going on. I was wondering what effect the government cuts were going to have next year? Then there is an election as well.I,ve heard of four galleries closing in the last month. The economy is all over the place and there is a shift going on. The weather is severe and so is the outlook but somehow, I have to say I,m optimistic about next year. I think artists in belfast have never been so connected, galleries so focused and interesting and even the RUA exhibition was good.
I,ve enjoyed my Art year and think that next year will be an interesting one showing a further shift in the local economy and Art scene.

How exactly you will have to see with all those minds clicking away with ideas. Some will come to fuition, others will fall by the wayside. But what is sure is that it will be an interesting year all around and I intend to be part of it. Fully engaged.

I,m still in France now, slowly eating myself to death but only for a few more days. x

No comments: