Thursday 28 May 2009

Castleward opera is fantastic

I would highly recommend this years Castleward opera Die fledermaus (the bat) it's in English, a comedy, set in contemporary times and as well as fantastic singing you get to see a few things that I've never seen in an opera before. A dyson vacume cleaner (they have taste) and a few other surprises that it would be a shame to list as it would spoil the fun. They are only running one opera this year due to funding cuts and what with the economic situation their coperate ticket buying has depleted so there are tickets left particularly for mid week. If you have never been before go for the first time, if it's been a while get some tickets and reconnect with it.

An easy one for anyone do thinks they dont like opera. I notice on their website it says -other concessions maybe available if I were you I'd get a group together and negociate.


Its it's 25 year anniversary and it's strange to think being from Strangford I remember when it started the first Opera was Cost fan tutti, and all the locals thought "opera" what knd of rubbish is that all about( well maybe not all the locals) the first year i went I was'nt sure what to expect, they were having cheep seats for the locals but I was absolutely blown away with what you could do in such a small space and what beauty could be found. Over the years i have been to many of their productions and it would be a great pity if it was not able to continue due to funding cuts. It really brought lots of business to the loacl area and helped keep us all on the map.I remember the night John Major turned up before the peace process started and it was great to see Castleward on the national news not just bad news about NI.

So anyway have I sold it yet? I really would highly recommend it.

A real sparkling evening.www.castlewardopera.com

No comments: