Friday 27 March 2009

One year on


Today I have been writing my blog for exactly one year . Wierd how life changes ! in that period of time. I was preparing for my trip to China. I was thinking back to why I started the blog and really it was because


  • I felt that people did not understand the different things I was envolved in.

  • I have been involved in so many different things I get access to lots of different information . Information that other people could benifit from if only they knew about it.

  • I was noticing and observing things that were going on in Northern Ireland that I didnt see commented on in the mainstream media.

  • I get inspired by different things that make me think, quotes etc

  • When I was running my development programmes people always changed for the better around me because I was encouraged them to be themselves and seek their own answers to the insurmountable isssues they seemed to be dealing with.

  • There are lots of interesting things to do and see in NI but for some reason alot of people are on a downer about living here.

  • I just wanted to share observations and I suppose a sense of hope ;-)

I think it's interesting how things have changed in a year and I suppose thats good in many ways but a little bit scarry in others. I was going to China when the West was making it rich from buying cheap goods from it. One year on the economy of many countries is collapsing some parts of China are in turmoil because the West have falled to pay for goods ordered, make etc. Why? because we are expereincing a shift in the economy. Why are we experiencing a shift in the economy ? Was it really sustainable to take, take ,take from mother earth. Plunder her for profit and spuew out the left overs and cry everything is well because I bought a new pair of earrings/jumper/coat/banana/ whatever it takes to give you that comsumerism fix. Why do you need that fix? what is lacking in your life that cheering you up by buying more "stuff" more " stuff" do we really need more stuff? It's something I've been thinking about alot lately. I always try to consider everthing I am buying where it comes from? who is making money out of it? has it been traded fairly? Do you really need it?


I try to live a considered life, it's not always easy. Sometimes the restrictions I impose on myself do my head in but you sort of get in the hang of it. I was telling a group of women the other day that in China there is a one child policy. Although not in the rural areas- they were shocked and confused how could someone do such a thing? I explained about population control we simple do not have enough resourses in the world to sustain the type of lifestyles we in the west have become accustomed to. Not for the whole world. So maybe that is part of the global readjustment that is going on. A really wierd thing occured to be last night. Do you remember when I was going to life drawing classes? from September? well I was taking out some of the drawings and taking a look. I was showing them to me sister who is an Artist and she said they were very Chinese looking , strange how I had not noticed it. The other thing was that there were drips everywhere. So this might be a little far fetched but going back to previous concepts of drips, well do they represent the dripping away of China? Of their "order" as they had it.


There certainly seems to be something going on and I think we are going to see more of it over the next two to three years. In the meantime do we just try and live by the same old habits or try and think differently?? Himmmmmmmmmmmmmmm me thinks we are going to have to think differently to get over this next few years. Do you think it's overdue? Yes, actually I do.


I really do, I keep hearing about redundancys ! how about everyone in the company takes a 20% pay cut instead just to keep everyone in the food chain ?Be a bit more benovelent toward each other. Anyway. Life is certainly interesting that's for sure. So how is your,


Mind,body and spirit today?


Mind 10


Body 8 ( still got a soar throat)


Spirit 10 (despite everything it feels good to be alive)


Have a good weekend dont forget Botanic Art fair tomorrow and http://www.belfastfilmfestival.org/ and St Georges market and and and and be considerate in your purchases if you make any............................and dont forget next week it's LOVE, PASSION and REVOLUTION. Cool. ........three of my favourite things.









No comments: