Friday 20 March 2009

Ideal boyfriend for my girlfriend

A year of contemporary everything from Poland 2009-20010

Belfast Polish week 7-13 May
www.polishculturalweek.com
part of www.polskayear.pl


What jumps out at me is "Ideal boyfriend for my girlfriend" great title its a film on at QFT.

Polish are now the biggest non indigenous population in NI and its great to see that with European enlargement that the opportunity for economic recovery has been spread around a bit. The first Polish person in NI I spoke to was at a bus stop I asked her how she was getting on. She was a trained primary school teacher. She was working as a kitchen porter in a Restrurant. She said that she earned in a month in the Kitchen what she would earn in 4 months in Poland as a teacher. Not much of a contest there.

I mean the Irish have been going it for decades going to other countrys in order to find work and money for mouths to feed. Now we are a bit better off it's our turn to share things a bit. Something I think people loose sight of that. So polish week is your opportunity to find out a little bit more about these people who have been doing the jobs in NI that we don't want to do anymore..................... the other thing I noticed was alot of the polish women here are very small boned but would'nt you be if you didnt get enough to eat when you were growing up?

Funny how we loose sight of that in our benifit culture.

No comments: