Wednesday 17 December 2008

For those who came back with the elastic band?

I think earlier on I was talking about my elastic band? you know the one that brings you back to dear old NI. I forgot to say that when you get back here you do wonder what on earth you are going to do because it's hard to find your place. I mean NI is not like other places we have so many other things going on and so much competition for opportunities but what I did after not really settling is I decided right I am going to force myself to say here for 4 years.

If it doesn't work out I will go and live in Peru and herd goats or something. But it took me to force myself to do it because I knew other interesting things were happening else where. Friends kept saying why not come and do this or this ? I went and made costumes for a Ballet in Zaragosa I travel here and there there was always something tempting going on else where.

But I forced myself to stay and even though sometimes I have asked myself why, why, why. I know it was the right thing to do not easy, but the right thing to do. So anyone out there who has come back and is trying to figure out how they are going to put everything together for themselves give it some time, talk to people about what you want to do, ask for their opinions and help and somehow you will figure it out. Why because we need people in NI with a wider viewpoint to stay. We need your thinking to get the balls of change in NI rolling further.

No comments: