Thursday 29 May 2008

Monster hung my pet

So Now I've got your attention, it was the title of the Belfast telegraph this morning. It made me do a double take as I was driving past the Telegraph sellers that dice with pollution on the intersections in Belfast. The reason being that for some time now a friend of mine has said " have you noticed that in NI they love reporting death, near death or torture with animals on the news" when he first said this I didn't take much notice but then I started to hear it over and over again, a horse here and a cow knocked down there. After discussion we thought that after years of the troubles the reporters hear have got used to a certain type of words in their journalism and as the Peace takes hold they still like using the same words but now they look for it happening with animals not humans.

Now that I have brought your attention to it you will begin to notice it.Actually you really notice the difference in the news reporting hear compared to China. There is one English language TV News channel in China and all the local news is good news, it's only the coverage of other countries apart from China that say anything bad is happening. I particularly remember seeing interviews from some very scared Tibetian saying that they were really sorry that they had rioted when China had been so nice to them and their families,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? I wonder.

Anyway watch out for those animal headlines and no I actually don't have any pets.

No comments: