Wednesday 21 May 2008

Exhibiting in another gallery.


Over the next few months I have decided to concentrate on my art . I've been working very have over the last year on training and development and the volunteer work that I'm involved in and just feel I'd like to spend some time on my art work. I've always managed to fit it in between other things I have been doing but now I feel I've earned a little space to do my own thing a bit more. This morning I was out in Holywood and I am please to say that I now have a number of pieces in The Yard Gallery http://www.yardgallery.com/ they have an interesting selection of work from mostly local artists and a great cup of coffee so if your down that way why not drop in and have a look around. The print here in the blogg is shore road Portaferry, it's a view into the boat yard by moonlight its been quiet a popular print so far.

I also had good success with http://www.basement-gallery.com/ when I was in China they had their Summer exhibition in Castle Coole and I was one of the 8 artists showing. It was great to get the news on my return that I had sold a number of prints. So all of this is positive as is I have come back from China with lots of shetches ideas and materials to try out.

It's always the artist dilemma we love to make art but not necessarily sell it. So I recon the fact that I am a business advisor might give me a bit of a head start. I've got together an action plan and am working my way through it. So we shall see how the next few months pan out.

No comments: